Saturday, February 20, 2010

Spider-Pappy?

  First Tobey. . .now me?

 Losing my one pound a week very nicely since I've been doing Fast Five. An unexpected side effect is that my abs are becoming visible. After decades of ab work, they're developed, but were always covered in fat. That's changing. My abs not yet very prominent yet, but it's just a matter of time. The rest of me is starting to get more muscular, as well. I feel a bit like when Tobey Maguire first sees his new "Spider-man" muscles in the mirror.

So I've been thinking, instead of just working out to keep my muscles from wasting away, why not try to build up some? Popular belief says one cannot lose fat and build muscle at the same time. I'm going to put that to the test. That means more sets, reps and more weight. More work. Lots more. Started easing into a more bodybuilding-type workout a few weeks ago. As of today my bodybuilding routine's set for the upper body. I'll slowly add more work for my legs over the next few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment