Wednesday, December 30, 2009

2009: Taking Stock


The Ideal Physique

Year's end is a natural time to assess the past year and plan for the coming one. Considering my goals, I didn't do too badly in 2009.

During the past year, my focus was mainly on basic fitness and staying trim. I concentrated on running, Heavyhands and eating less. The eating less part was the most difficult, but I eventually got used to smaller portions--and a smaller waistline.

As it stands today, I'm in pretty good physical condition. In comparison to the average person my age, I'm in excellent shape: flat stomach, ability to run 6 miles or more and a generally pleasing physique.

However, it is far from ideal. While I'm satisfied with my endurance, my physique could stand improvement. Even though I'm slim by "normal" standards, I'm carrying too much fat. My abs are developed, but hidden under a glazing of fat. And while I'm not puny, I'd still like a little extra muscle development.

So the program for 2010 is to lose fat, build some muscle and maintain or improve endurance. Who knows, I may end up looking like a Greek statue by this time next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment