Sunday, October 4, 2009

10+ Calories Per Minute!

Finally cracked the 10 calorie/min. burn barrier. What's the big deal? The big deal is that 10 cal/min was my calorie burn rate when I was running. But during my last workout I burned 10.56 cal/min--while walking.

This is a real turning point for me, and it also shows me I don't ever have to go back to running if I don't want to. The reason I started running in the first place was for fitness and weight loss. In fact, I didn't like running at all for the first 3 months. On the other hand, I took to Heavyhands immediately. A big problem with running was trying to squeeze in weight training. With Heavyhands, I no longer have a time crunch. I get weight training and superior aerobic training simultaneously in the same workout. Talk about bang for the buck!

In time, I grew to love running. It's my body that doesn't like it much. When I'm fully recovered from this Achilles tendon problem, I'll probably do some running once a week--pump n' run, Heavyhands style.

No comments:

Post a Comment